Passions for the finer things in life have been described as the staple of a Capricorn’s nature – and this Li-ling can attest to be true. However far beyond passions of a physical nature, Li-ling is a genuinely recovering Type-A personality and although it has gotten her far in life, she recognises that there is far, far more to Life than the competing hamster-wheel it is bound to be for Type-A’s.
She enjoys swimming and yoga when opportunity permits beyond the constant and routine finger exercises on her iMac. She is a big fan of the meeting point between classical and techno music and loves listening to good music – which is of course, entirely based on personal taste and moods at the time of listening.
She loves roses and rose scents, whether it’s because of the complexity of it petals or simply because it reminds her of Yardley Rose-scented talcum powder, so loved by her grandmother, she is not sure and hasn’t quite figured it out.
The funny thing about experience, as Li-ling has found is that, when you’re young, you don’t believe that experience is at all necessary to living well, ‘The world is your oyster…’ and all that; but as time marches on, and life – well, it happens, and experience, seems to be the only sane binder that one can point to and say, ‘Well it’s like wine, it gets better with age’.
Some truths she has gathered and lived, through life experiences include
however you define it to be, is the meeting place between vision, inspiration and everything you believe you need to give for it.
A life well-lived,
is one, that as you close your eyes to sleep each night, you can look back on your day, remember all of it’s joyous moments and fall asleep knowing, that even if you don’t wake up tomorrow, a wonderful day has been had.
Life is accented by all the big occasions but it really happens in all the little moments – treasure them.
Other Potentially Interesting but (Un)Important Information
- is fascinated by the fact that we are all that we make ourselves out to be
- believes that life should be good for everyone, however that is defined by each individual
- has always loved writing and has written almost all her life
- is a voracious reader and her idea of heaven sometimes, is just reading all day
- plays the piano and dabbles with the flute and cello
- has swum and participated in archery competitively
- has a PhD in Structural Chemistry, and has written an undergraduate textbook on Crystallography (OUP)
- is from the beautiful sunny island of Penang, Malaysia and lives in the gorgeously Georgian city of Bath, UK
And if you and enjoyed reading, and would like to get in touch – please do.